Alaska Training Aircraft
All of our Alaska training aircraft are extremely well maintained. Every year, each aircraft is nearly dismantled and inspected, any discrepancies, which are few, are immediately repaired.
- In addition to this yearly annual inspection, each training aircraft has the same inspection done every 100 hours time in service.
- Between 100 hour inspections, the oil is changed regularly and any mid inspection discrepancies are remedied.
- You can rest assured that our training aircraft are sound and airworthy, as safety is our number one priority.
Bellanca 7-ECA Citabria
The “Citabria” aircraft is used for our private pilot training, tailwheel endorsements, and aerobatic courses.
• It is a 1973, tube-and-fabric, high wing monoplane, tandem (in line) two seat aircraft. The fuselage is constructed of steel tubing. The wings are made of aluminum ribs and wooden spars. The entire aircraft is covered with an aircraft grade polyester fabric. It has front hydraulic disc brakes. The pilot or student sits in the front seat, and the passenger or instructor sits in the rear seat.
• It is powered by a 115 horsepower Lycoming engine that burns approximately 6 gallons of fuel per hour when cruising at about 95 mph.
• The aircraft has an empty weight of 1,035 lbs and a gross takeoff weight of 1,650 pounds. That’s a useful load of 615 pounds! It holds 26 gallons of useable fuel.
Piper PA-18 Super Cub on Edo 2000 Floats
The Super Cub is used for our private or commercial pilot airplane single engine sea (ASES) add -on ratings as well as our trekking courses.
• It is a 1966, tube-and-fabric, high wing monoplane, tandem (in line) two seat aircraft. The pilot or student sits in the front seat, and the passenger or instructor sits in the rear seat. It was completely rebuilt in 2012.
• It is powered by a 180 horsepower Lycoming engine that burns approximately 9 gallons of fuel per hour when cruising at about 110 mph.
• The aircraft has an empty weight of 1,311 pounds and a gross takeoff weight of 2,000 pounds. That’s a useful load of almost 700 pounds! It holds 36 gallons of useable fuel.
• It is also equipped with a belly fuel pod, which allows for an additional 32 gallons of fuel.